Installing Bruce L&F, need advice

Old 11-16-07, 09:49 AM
Installing Bruce L&F, need advice

Hey all -

New user.

I'm installing Bruce L&F. I have done all the demo (carpet up, baseboards out) on my at-grade concrete slab. I'm using the 3-in-1 blueish underlayment. I even had a floor installer come and take a look at the slab to make sure it was good-to-go.

My question is where the floor meets the bottom of the stairway... as you know, the risers, banisters, etc go all the way to the concrete so the wood must be cut around them.

What's the best way to do this?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-07, 02:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Measure the distance from the previous laid piece to the edge of the stairs then transfer that measurement to the plank.

Cut the plank to size, and install moulding to hide the gap.

There is another way, but not sure if it's permissable with stairs. You take a undercut saw (available in flooring section of a big box store) and cut away the material so the planks can slide up under neither the stairs, bannisters, etc.

Old 07-29-08, 01:01 PM
Bruce Lock n Fold

HotinOKC, I will be installing Bruce Lock n Fold. I've removed the carpet, and there is about a +/- 1/2" gap between the base board and the sub floor where the carpet was tucked under the base board. Do I still need to remove the base board? I feel as though I may destroy while removing and it's a very nice design.

Old 07-29-08, 05:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi memphilly!

Base moulding is not to difficult to remove. Take a razor blade and score along the top of the moulding and the wall. This will prevent the moulding from pulling any paint off the wall.

After you have done that, you can take a putty knife, slide it behind the moulding, and at the same time, pry the moulding away from the wall.

If you do not want to do this, you could keep the moulding in place, and install a quarter round or shoe moulding along the base of the base moulding to hide the gap.

Old 07-31-08, 08:22 AM
Bruce Lock n Fold

Thanks HotinOKC! I'll give it a try.