Bathroom Laminate Floor

Old 12-15-07, 05:42 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom Laminate Floor

I am planning to install a laminate floor in one of my bathrooms this week and when looking at the toilet I realized that the flange might be in the wall. If I remove the toilet and place it on top of the new floor, I am afraid that the toilet will not line up with the flange in the wall. Has anyone ever put laminate around a toilet

Thanks for any help.
Sal

Old 12-15-07, 06:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
How does the toilet mount to the wall?

Your toilet drains into the wall?

Laminate or any type of wood flooring is not adviseable in a bathroom. One overflowing toilet or tub leak will destroy the floor in no time flat.

What type of precautions in regards to installation are you taking to prevent water damage?

Old 12-15-07, 06:25 PM
S
It looks to me like the toilet drains into the wall. I have 2 bathrooms and the toilets are back to back so I am guessing that they share the same drain and one bathroom has the drain in the floor and this one has it in the wall. As far as laminate in the bathroom I know there is much controversy but the manufacturer warrantees the product for the bathroom providing you put silicone around all edges and use glue on the tongues, even though it is a glueless laminate.

Old 12-16-07, 12:50 PM
E
My guess is that you need to read the warranty a little closer. I bet that it is warranted (providing you fulfill all of the caveats) only if you do not have excessive water. Who determines what is excessive?

I hesitate to put laminate in the wet area of a bathroom.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: