Stair nose on concrete

Old 01-07-08, 05:35 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stair nose on concrete

Hello Forum of Floorers,

I've layed down solid oak 3/4" in my sunken family room off of the kitchen. There are 2 stairs that comes from the kitchen into the family room. The top stair is concrete. The bottom stair is wood. So far I've installed a stair nose and hardwood on the bottom stair with adhesive and brad nails and have obtained a very tight bond. Now for the top stair which is concrete. What is the best way to secure the top step stair nosing to the concrete step? The step is 10' wide. I was told to use a 3 part urethane adhesive which I agree with however, being that the step is concrete, I can't nail through to reinforce the nose to the concrete because of possibly cracking the stair nosing. Someone from LumberLiquidators told me that Bostiks best will do the job without any nails. Just apply a lot of weight on the nose while it cures. Is there a nail gun that I could use that would shoot into concrete without cracking the stair nose? What can I do? This is my final stage before sanding, staining, & polying. And to those who are saying "just lay down a piece of plywood and nail and glue into the plywood", that would make the stair nose about 1 1/2" higher than the porcelain that's layed in the kitchen. Very unpleasant looking transition. PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 01-07-08, 10:17 AM
Glue it and weight it down, for a full 24 hours. It won't move after that.

If your "Perrynoid", you could drill a hole in the concrete, and dowl the hole, so you can shoot a brad nail in.

Old 01-07-08, 06:51 PM
B
Originally Posted by Carpets Done Wright View Post
Glue it and weight it down, for a full 24 hours. It won't move after that.

If your "Perrynoid", you could drill a hole in the concrete, and dowl the hole, so you can shoot a brad nail in.
Is there any particular adhesive you recommend. I've heard bostiks is best however, it only comes in 5 gallons and 3 gallons. Any other urethane adhesive you would recommend?
Anything in a tube or quart size? What about PL Plus Polyurethane adhesive? Once again, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 01-11-08, 09:50 AM
PL Urethane(in the yellow tube) is what I use on stairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: