how to remove part of a baseboard?

Old 01-11-08, 10:47 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how to remove part of a baseboard?

I'm going to begin installing a new closet in my bedroom but first need to remove a part of the baseboard molding. Specifically, there is a length of molding about 6 feet long, but I only need to remove about 3 feet. What is the best way to go about this (without damaging the wall)?

Thanks

Old 01-11-08, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jschwabi
I'm going to begin installing a new closet in my bedroom but first need to remove a part of the baseboard molding. Specifically, there is a length of molding about 6 feet long, but I only need to remove about 3 feet. What is the best way to go about this (without damaging the wall)?

Thanks
take a utility knife, cut the caulking at the top of the baseboard and the ends,if coulked, and remove it and the shoe mold. build closet, trim door and cut base and shoe to fit. you can slide a wide putty knife down behind the baseboard and a stiffer pry bar between the putty knife and the base and pry it off. once it starts to come off, it should come off rather easily.

Old 01-11-08, 04:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not to sound arrogant, but, you are building a closet and don't know how to remove base boards?

Just do what Mike suggested and you will be fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: