Indents in my new Engineered wood floor!

Old 01-14-08, 06:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Indents in my new Engineered wood floor!

I have engineered wood floors in my living area and have recently noticed some scratches in one particular area. I think that these have been made by the heel of a gents shoe and consist of a series of fine lines/indents. My question is, are there any products out there that I could use to "fill" the indents in with? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-08, 09:58 AM
Sorry, but there is no cure for dents. The wood has been compressed. The veneer layer on engineered wood is very thin. Sanding and refinishing can minimize the appearance of dents. Depending on thickness of veneer layer on engineered wood it may not be possible to sand out dents. Most manufacturers of engineered wood products have touch up kits for scratches. These tend to contain crayons and a small bottle of finish.

Old 01-15-08, 04:55 PM
New floors are not furniture. All I can say is get use to it, and don't go balistic, when you see more character marks. Even solid wood dents, so it isn't just the engineered aspect.

Old 01-15-08, 05:46 PM
Very true about the character marks in hardwood flooring, whether engineered or solid. That's why many buy a distressed wood flooring product. Character marks are part of the history of the home. We do not live in a perfect world and can not expect our home furnishings to remain showroom perfect. I agree that one should not stress over the distress of wood flooring.