cabin grade flooring

Old 01-16-08, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down cabin grade flooring

I found a good deal on cabin grade flooring, unfinished. All planks are 12 and 18 inches in length. Can anyone tell me how a floor with those length of pieces would look, because there is no long pieces to mix in with it. If someone could please send me a sight with pictures to see how this looks I would appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-08, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cabin Grade hardwood flooring is comprised mostly of short pieces, but you will find some longer boards. Cabin Grade makes for a beautiful, rustic floor. When installing, pull boards from 3 or 4 boxes to get a better mix of lengths and color and grain variation. It takes a little longer to install because of the many shorter pieces, but it is worth it if you like a rustic look. There will be knots, but these are sound.

Photo Credit: Omega Pine Flooring

Photo Credit: Omega Pine Flooring

If you are real picky, you will want to calculate a larger amount for cuts and waste. Cabin Grade, also known as Rustic Grade, has no warranty. It is #3 Common. If very, very picky you might want to allow 15-18% cull factor because you will find worm holes, knots, and mineral streaks. Many, however, love all the natural characteristics of Cabin Grade. And, they love the low price point.