Laminate flooring at right angle/45 angle

Old 01-17-08, 05:22 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laminate flooring at right angle/45 angle

I want to put down laminate wood floor (floating) on my first floor. My main entry hallway and hallway to the livingroom are at right angles to each other.
1) Can I cut the laminate on a 45 to change direction where the halls meet?. I don't want the boards running across the hallway, I am afraid it will have to much of a 'Ladder' effect and make the hall seem really narrow.
2) Can I run perpendicular when I go into the first floor bedroom? I am trying to run the boards parallel to the longest wall.

Thanks

Old 01-17-08, 07:52 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you are going to run the material perpendicular to the first bedroom, you will need to use a T molding trim piece to cover the transition.

If I am understanding you correctly, you can cut the material at an angle but note that you will lose the T&G and therefore have no way to hold the material down since you are flooring. Although the flooring will be locked in on 2 to 3 other sides, leaving butt joints unglued and/or unlocked is not recommended. It would look better than adding a t-molding transition piece where they meet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: