laminate floor over concrete help

Old 01-19-08, 02:00 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
laminate floor over concrete help

I have installed a laminate locking floor over some concrete, and i am running into a situation where the floor not only floats over the concrete, but actually moves a lot on it.

i know the floor needs to "breath" with humidity/heat/etc, but can i glue the floor anywhere, at all to prevent it from sliding so much?

i am due to put a hutch on the floor, but not for a couple of months, so i am looking for something to do to secure it without furniture on it.

thanks

Old 01-19-08, 02:24 PM
M
Did you put the flooring straight on the concrete or did you use an underlayment such as a 3 in 1 foam?

How big is the space? What thickness laminate did you use?

How smooth was the subfloor? Was it level?

Old 01-19-08, 02:37 PM
D
the laminate had the underlayment attached to it already, and i placed down some plastic for moisture barrier. the concrete was level (more or less) and was fairly smooth.

the space is 70sq ft i believe, and it's 1/4" thick laminate.

Old 01-19-08, 02:43 PM
M
In that small of a space, the floor doesnt have enough weight to "sit" and the problem is exagerated by the plastic that was laid down. Did you use a quarter round or baseboard at the walls to cover the expanision gap?

Old 01-20-08, 07:02 AM
D
Originally Posted by mpeterson72 View Post
In that small of a space, the floor doesnt have enough weight to "sit" and the problem is exagerated by the plastic that was laid down. Did you use a quarter round or baseboard at the walls to cover the expanision gap?
that's what i was thinking, the floor is too light. yes there is 1/4 round covering the gaps along the wall seams.

Old 01-20-08, 11:59 AM
M
If you pop the floor up and remove the plastic for a 3 in 1 foam pad; you will cut down on the sliding by quite a bit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: