Feedback on Jatoba/Braz. Cherry

Old 01-24-08, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Feedback on Jatoba/Braz. Cherry

I am looking at installing Jatoba/Brazilian Cherry in my home. I am concerned about the color change issue. What are experiences have you had? How radical of a change is it? I am looking at doing engineered wood, probably Mirage or Max Windsor, since I like their lighter colored Jatoba. Any one install either of these floors? How do you like them? How they holding up? Do you have them in your kitchen? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-08, 05:26 PM
Jatoba, darkens, very rapidly. That is funny you say you like the light color. It will not be light for long, even in rooms with very little sunlight exposure.

Area rugs and furnishings, should be moved around often in the first 2 years of the floor usage, or you will see a light/dark line.

Engineered is not so bad, but its solid counterpart, is a mover. It shrinks and swells more then they say it does. I say it moves more then common Maple.

Old 01-25-08, 07:42 PM
The Max Windsor and Mirage samples I have been looking at are much lighter than the Eco Wood and Lauzon samples my flooring contractor gave me to look at. I am also looking at a GemWoods Pradoo and an Eco Wood Tigerwood which have that "cherry" color, but are much lighter than the Eco Wood BC. I am just trying to figure out how "dark" is dark. Thanks