Glue together floating floor. Do I Have to strap it?

Old 02-06-08, 05:33 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Glue together floating floor. Do I Have to strap it?

I am about to install about 700 sq ft of Bruce engineered. Unfortunately, the wife didn't like any of the lock and fold stuff. So anyway, I plan to float it (glue together) over concrete. I will, of course, lay a quality underalyment down first. So my question is...

Do I have to strap or tape sections as I go?

I have read through Bruce's instructions and it does not mention strapping it together at all. My brother-in-law will be helping me as he has installed other laminates several times, but never the glue together kind.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 02-07-08, 08:29 PM
Are you absolutely sure that floor is milled good enough to be floated and glued in the T&G?? A lot of if not all of Bruces engineered wood, is gluedown only. The T& G is milled too sloppy to accept glue as a floater.

As with any project a Master Carpenter will do with glue, they will ALWAYS clamp their work. I wouldn't do I glued together floater without my strap clamps.

Old 02-08-08, 06:07 AM
K
So I shouldn't trust the directions in the box?
Link to directions.
http://www.armstrong.com/content2/resam/files/17899.pdf

Thanks again for any advise.

Old 02-08-08, 09:14 PM
Go for it! They have redone the instruction sheets to include Armstrong and Robbins, in the same instructions.

I have not done a Bruce in 4 years, and my spec sheet from then, is much different then that one.

There is a warning at the very top not to float 1/4" products, or "Balance Strip" or any self adhesive products.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: