Snap on

Old 02-27-08, 06:55 AM
Snap on

I want to do some renovating in my living room. Taking away the grumpy carpet and switching it with a new wooden floor "snap on" kind. (I heard this was easy to do by myself).

I have a few Questions:

1. How much should I be looking into paying per sqm?
2. What should I avoid when looking into this kind of floors?
3. Is it really that easy?

Any comments will be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-08, 09:33 AM
Do you mean laminate wood?

Not the pro around here but I've installed laminate wood flooring throughout my house and it's very DIY-able.

I wouldn't say it's "easy" but it's do-able. When you're done you'll probably say "that was easy" but all in all...it will be "work".

1. You need to look around and find something you like. The prices range! You get what you pay for. Do you have a budget? Go from there. Look into how long the manufacturer's been around, references, kinds of warranty, etc.
2. I can't think of something right now
3. It's do-able for an average DIY'er. If you can follow instructions, have the tools and ask and find out before doing it...you should be set and ready to go

Old 03-03-08, 08:15 AM
beaware

We purchased laminate flooring to install ourselves. We read up on it, look at a video and talked with others. We consider ourselves pretty good DIY'ers, but this snap on flooring just didn't snap together right - we had numerous gaps and other deficiencies. We've decided to find an installer. I hope it works for you.