how do I find a laminate installer in my area?

Old 03-02-08, 07:13 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how do I find a laminate installer in my area?

We were planning to do the floor ourselves but have changed our minds. I have the materials (ordered online..) so, how do I find a trustworthy installer?

Old 03-03-08, 08:09 AM
T
Me too.

We purchased Shaw laminate flooring and attempted to install ourselves. We just couldn't get the planks to snap together properly so we made the decision to find a professional. You can contact flooring stores that are certified for the brand flooring you have and they may agree to install, but beaware, since it's going through the store, it will likely be more expensive than if you were to find an installer who does it on his own. I contacted a local homes improvement guy in our church and he gave me names of installers that he has sub contracted with. Hope this helps.

Old 03-03-08, 08:30 AM
P
Originally Posted by thestretch
We purchased Shaw laminate flooring and attempted to install ourselves. We just couldn't get the planks to snap together properly so we made the decision to find a professional. You can contact flooring stores that are certified for the brand flooring you have and they may agree to install, but beaware, since it's going through the store, it will likely be more expensive than if you were to find an installer who does it on his own. I contacted a local homes improvement guy in our church and he gave me names of installers that he has sub contracted with. Hope this helps.
I've kind of avoided the local stores because I assume they probably just sub it out to the lowest bidder and tag on x.xx /sq ft for themselves and I don't really know what kind of quality I'd be getting. Seems like the HD/lowes types charge about 2.5/sq ft, but I want someone that's going to level my concrete subfloor properly and do a neat job, in other words the opposite of what I'd do myself, hehe.

Old 03-05-08, 09:11 AM
You can find a certified installer in your area here: http://www.cfiinstallers.com/ .

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: