Floor Layout

Old 03-31-08, 09:09 AM
Floor Layout

I have a large "T" that's start at the front left to right, Dining, Entry, Living that's about 40ft wide and 35ft long. The leg of the T is the family from that's connected by an area 15ft wide and expand to 20ft wide.

There's a study hanging to the side in front via a 90 degree turn 3x6 hall that's 12/12.

There's also a Master bed (15x17) connected to the family room with a 3x3 area.

Here's a link to a simple drawing of the floor plan.

Questions:
1) I want floating because there's some cracks, no gap, on the concrete slab. I like thick handscraped look and the only ones I found not glued or nailed are at Floor and decor outlet that uses metal clips and glued end to float over foam. Is that a good system?

2) I want to run the board front to back with no T molding anywhere but know it's probably not a good idea over that large an area. I don't mind the "T" at the living and entry since it's only 6' and it's delienated by the stairs. I'm hate to see a T across the 15' opening connecting the entry and Dining to the family rm as that looks bad. Can I risk a front to back 35' long by 20' wide, connected by 15', floating installation without running into floor separating?

3) Can I run the floor from a big room to another big room like family to master bed through a narrow hall, 3x3, without "T" molding?

Last edited by wildsting88; 03-31-08 at 10:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-08, 01:41 PM
Ok. May be I'm trying to make it too complicated. Can someone help me on how to best layout a floating floor with the least amount of T molding for expansion?

Here's the lay out and the front faces East with lots of windows so I'm leaning toward having the board running from front to back to go with the sun light.

http://docs.google.com/Presentation?...sj_120f5464rfk