Any uses for laminate floor scraps?

Old 04-05-08, 02:38 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any uses for laminate floor scraps?

I have almost a box of laminate floor planks from a floor I put down several years ago in my previous house. I hoped to use them for a small bathroom here, but found they're too damaged and warped. They're from a discontinued Shaw line, so there's no point in seeing if anyone needs an extra plank or two. Our garbage pick-up won't take them. Does anyone have any ideas for ways to put them to use? Thanks

Old 04-06-08, 11:09 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If you can't find a use for them, cut em in half and stuff them in a garbage bag.... Our garbage man balks at bulky items.. so I end up making my construction trash smaller so it fits in normal garbage bags...

Old 04-11-08, 08:31 AM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I did find a use for those planks. There are big creosoted wood beams in my cement patio that are very rotten. I'm going to rip them out and fill the gap with cement, using the laminated floor boards as a form to create an expansion joint.

I discovered that there's a Habitat for Humanity store in my region that sells used building supplies. They accept donations of usable laminate floor planks. If you're doing a job and need just one or two, you might find them if there's a HfH store in your area. My local store had them sorted by manufacturer.

(Also, the store I went to had dozens of brand new boxed toilets. My guess is that manufacturers donate end runs and seconds, and big stores like Home Depot might donate clearance items that don't get sold.)

Old 04-11-08, 08:48 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy
(Also, the store I went to had dozens of brand new boxed toilets. My guess is that manufacturers donate end runs and seconds, and big stores like Home Depot might donate clearance items that don't get sold.)

Now thats an interesting, and potentially profitable piece of information.... Thanks in advance of my next homebuilding/flipping project....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: