laminate flooring

Old 04-20-08, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
laminate flooring

Hello all, I put down laminate floor in my master bedroom last year and this summer I will be doing my upstairs hall, and my living room, and dining room. My question is, is it very difficult to do stairs? I want my whole house to have it eventually but I don't have a clue how to do all the edges for a stairway. I have seen some molding that can be used on stairs but it seems that it would get pretty expensive buying all that molding. Would laminate stairs be too slick to walk on with socks? Would it be difficult to put a carpet runner on the laminate? I know this sounds silly but I am pretty clumsy.

Anyway, I appreciate any responses and apologize for so many questions as a first post.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-08, 09:02 PM
There are a couple of companies making full laminate treads.

Old 04-22-08, 12:15 PM
laminate stairs slick? if you have the laminate in your bedroom, then you already know how slippery it is in socks. multiply that by the danger factor inherent in stairs and your admitted level of clumsiness, and the answer is a resounding YES. and if you slip on the 3rd step up, the answer is YES, YES, YES. If you slip on the 5th step up, it's YES, YES, YES, YES, YES. and so on.

that said, you would simply have to stop wearing regular socks, and go instead to either rubber soled slippers or the kind of socks with the rubber grippy bottoms.