how do you transition from carpet to hard wood?

Old 05-02-08, 02:33 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how do you transition from carpet to hard wood?

We recently had hardwood installed, the contractor just rolled and tack stripped the carpet up against the hard wood. It doesn't look bad, I'm just not sure if it's right?? The hard wood has a tounge on the carpet end, they just stained it the right color and tucked the carpet. You can't see the tounge but my worry is that the hard wood will eventually wear and will have to be restained.

How do you do it?

Old 05-02-08, 05:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It's common to tuck the carpet like you describe. The way they installed it is a cleaner look then installing an actual transition piece.

I don't see this area wearing off any faster then the rest.

Old 05-02-08, 07:33 PM
Yes, the hardwood will wear over time, but no different then if there was a big bulky transition or a rounded nose. It is going to wear, regardless.

Old 05-03-08, 11:23 AM
T
carpet to hardwood

It's basically customer preference. When I installed hardwood to carpet, I did it with smooth cuts on the ends, (no factory tongues left). Some customers like the transition piece. Either way is right, but I always lopped the tongues off the ends. I put the transition pieces in my personal house between the carpet and wood.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: