Help with wood to laminate transition Please!

Old 05-13-08, 09:12 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with wood to laminate transition Please!

We have solid hardwood in the front part of our house and carpet in the back part. The two areas are separted by a doorway entry with tile in between that stems from the kitchen. Here is my huge dilema that I would appreciate as many responses and opinons as possible. We want to take the carpet out but cant decide on laminate or more hardwood. If we use the laminate what is the best color and size planks to use. We have 5/16 strips solid cherry in color in the front. Is it ok not to have matching colors or should we try to match up as much as possible or does anyone have a great idea on what to do? We cant agree on what to do. Please help!

Old 05-14-08, 01:19 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Solid hardwood flooring will add value to your home more than laminate will..but is more expensive and time consuming on install. laminate i would think would still add valve to your home, be easier on the budget and install. I would try to stick to a similar color. if you sell your home in the future it will add to the resell value. Cant really base the floor coloring on the paint..as if you sell the home..the first thing they may do is paint the walls.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: