Floor Nailers

Old 06-03-08, 05:26 PM
Floor Nailers

Hello,
I am about to install 900 sq. ft. of 3/4 inch solid Hickory Hardwood flooring. It will not be done the same day, so I am contemplating buying a floor air nailer instead of renting one. Does anyone know how the Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic nailer compares to the rest??? It is roughly 1/3 the price, and they say they rarely (if ever) get them back w/ problems. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-08, 09:24 AM
Harbor freight products are great for the one time/two time DIYer who doesn't plan on putting a lot of hours on a product. They tend to not last over time - but work well for a single project or two...

A second option that I use frequently is to purchase a decent product (ie:nailer) - use it for my project - then sell it on E-bay. I've often actually sold such items for more than I paid for them retail.... (though I usually talk my wife into letting me keep them).....

Old 06-04-08, 11:21 AM
I have heard great reviews about the Harbor Freight wood flooring nailer/stapler. Never tried one myself, but have read many satisfied consumers raves.

Old 06-04-08, 11:25 AM
That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks a lot!!!

Old 02-07-10, 02:42 PM
Thumbs up Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info on Harbor Tools floor nailer. My wife and I were doing the rent VS buy discustion,we have already added hardwood floor to 1 room,but the rental prices have jump 8-10 dollars day in our area. So to rent the nailer again for 4 days would have cost as much as buying the nailer on sale from Harbor Tools. Now knowing it a good investment-WE'RE GOING FOR IT! Again Thanks Loads For The Info.

Old 07-27-12, 12:51 PM
Harbor freight floor nailer

How did the Harbor freight floor nailer work out for you?

Old 07-27-12, 02:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
This is a 4 year old thread. The nailers work just fine.