Removing Paw Prints on Hardwood Floors

Old 07-15-08, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing Paw Prints on Hardwood Floors

Does any one have a solution on how to remove paw prints or know of some sort of product? I have Brazilian cherry floors with a polyurethane finish. These floors are brand new and have never been waxed. I have used orange glo, vinegar and water, murphy's oil and bona - none of these remove the prints. Dogs sweat through their feet therefore leaving an oily residue behind them. Their paws are clean when they come in the house and my own foot does not leave a mark. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-08, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You are not supposed to oil or wax prefinished floors or use products containing waxes or oils. These products tend to build up and dull and soften finish over time. They will create adhesion problems when it comes time to refinish. Avoid treated dust mops and those as-seen-on TV cleaners and gadgets.

The orange-whatever and the Murphy's are oil-based products which have left residues on the floor. These residues are making the tracking problem worse. Bona Kemi makes one of the best commercial floor cleaners available. It is pH neutral and leaves behind no oily residues. Vinegar/solution leaves behind no residues either.

You need to throughly clean the floor to remove the residues. Mix a stronger solution of the Bona Kemi. Clean a section at a time. Keep a bucket of plain water handy for rinsing the mop and change as needed. Clean, rinse, buff dry before moving onto the next section.