How to seamlesly add hardwood floor to existing one

Old 07-17-08, 06:08 PM
Question How to seamlesly add hardwood floor to existing one

I have a room with hardwood floor and would like to extend it to another room. I would like it to be seamless installation so I would need to stagger it. I have not being able to find instructions on how to stagger addition. Can someone help on what is the best way to remove boards in order to make it look good.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-08, 02:39 PM
Do a web search for "lacing-in hardwood floors". The correct nomenclature makes an easier more productive search.

In my opinion it is almost difficult to find a pro that will do it since it is a real pain in the neck and very time consuming.

You may consider a header strip (a strip of the same hardwood ran at a 90 degree angle to the field area of the two hardwood areas) if the hardwood is in two rooms.

If you have removed a wall and have one big room I'd recommend calling in a hardwood company, because you will need the exact same wood if prefinished, and the exact same species, grade, thickness and width if using unfinished.

Old 07-18-08, 03:06 PM
lacing- in hardwood floors

Thanks for the info. I called around and they want 600 for 8 linear feet of lacing. I think I will give it a shot and see how it turns out. I will do a small part that can easily be fixed by a pro.