LAMINATE: liquid nails

Old 07-28-08, 12:19 AM
LAMINATE: liquid nails

I will have several transitions from laminate floor on concrete subfloor to tile (reducer), wood (T-molding) fireplace (end-cap). The prospect of drilling concrete floor to put in the u-track of the transition is not very thrilling. I have failed terribly before when putting in molding between carpet and tile floor. I broke several drill bits and gave up.

I just found out that you can use liquil nail to fasten the u-track to concrete floor ( ) Well, liquid nail website shows a total of 60 adhesives, probably with a devious purpose of confusing novice like me.

In short, which liquid nails should I use for u-track transition strip ?

Nathan

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-08, 02:39 PM
I used Liquid Nails (clear) to fasten the U-tracks that hold the transition pieces to the slab. I bought it at Home Depot. It was a tube of clear. It works very well but be sure that the concrete is very clean where the strip is placed. To make sure that things were aligned properly I first mounted the U-track to the T-molding. This allowed pre-fitting. Then I applied the glue to the bottom of the U-track and pressed everything into place. I placed heavy objects on top (books in my case) and let it dry several hours. Where I used a reducer from the flooring to tile, I also glued the reducer to the tile. A year later and everything still holds well.

Last edited by srickard; 07-30-08 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-30-08, 02:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
PL400 is even better.....

Liquid Nails is also decent stuff. Ignore the website you looked at, just go to a Home Depot or Lowes and go to their paint department. They have a couple different types, but all will work for you.

Old 07-31-08, 11:24 AM
Thank you guys for your great tip. -- Nathan