Leveling Concrete Subfloor Costs?

Old 08-03-08, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leveling Concrete Subfloor Costs?

Starting to get bids in for someone to come out and level my conrete subfloor. I really don't have the time or patience for this type of work. There are various spots where there a major dips and peaks. What is a ball park cost per sq ft I should be expecting? Looking for person/company to provide labor and materials...

Approximately 800 sq ft...

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-08, 08:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
To difficult to determine price, it varies greatly form one location to another.

Also, most contractors don't charge "per sqft", they mostly price it for how long and labor intensive it is.

Old 08-04-08, 12:56 PM
Finding a reliable contractor to do the job can difficult. Here is a source for certified installers who may be willing to do the prep work but leave the floor installation to you: http://www.cfiinstallers.com/

Good luck.

Old 08-05-08, 10:58 AM
All sound advice...

I would only add that if you get 5-6 different estimates, make sure you are comparing apples to apples when you look at the different quotes you receive. *Make sure that whomever you choose, provides you with a copy of their insurance declaration page. Also get a list of at least five references and check up on them!

You do NOT want to go with the lowest bidder, you WILL get what you pay for! But, rather check up on each and every one of the contractors and see what other have had to say about them. Then go to http://www.bbb.org/online/consumer/default.aspx and see if there are any complaints or compliments for the company.

Good luck with your project, hope I added some insight.

Greg
Maine

Old 08-05-08, 11:04 AM
Thanks to all. I ended up going with my builders contractor to float the floor. A majority of the quotes seem to be based on the numbers of bags (coverage varied) used...