Hardwood flooring questions..please read

Old 08-23-08, 03:44 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hardwood flooring questions..please read

I was at Menards home improvenment center today (wisconsin)and saw hardwood flooring by Timberfalls. maple cinnamon color. Has anyone heard of this line of flooring before? Is it any good? It has a 15 year warrenty, nail down installation,looks nice. I tried doing a search for it online and I can't find any info on it. So if anyone knows anything about it, please let me know.

Ok, if I get this flooring, what under layment do I need? Is there any type of underlayment that would make the hardwood seem softer on your feet? Should I just nail it all down or would you recommend putting some glue in the tongue and groove in addition to nailing it down? Does it have to get layed perpendicular to the joists or does that really matter?

Old 08-24-08, 06:04 AM
C
please respond

Can someone please answer the questions regarding the installation please.

Old 08-24-08, 07:15 AM
C
i don't know. but not finding it in a search doesn't sound good.
find out where it is made. anything but the USA or northern europe = no way.

Old 08-24-08, 10:07 AM
C
columbia flooring

went back to the store. It's Columbia flooring, Timber Falls line, out of Virginia. Ok, installation questions: what would you recommend I place under it? Is there anything out there that will make the hardwood softer on your feet? Have any of you used "sound solution" brand underlayment? Can it be used under nail down hardwood? Would you recommend just nailing it down or would gluing the tongue and groove in addition make it stronger?

Old 08-24-08, 10:20 AM
C
i am not a pro. but i think nailing it down would take any added softness away. if you want softer, try the floating click stuff. its softer on the feet because it is not nailed down and can use a padding under it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: