sub floor (over slab)

Old 08-26-08, 04:28 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sub floor (over slab)

Here's the deal...I have existing engineered wood floors in part of the house and carpet in the bedrooms. I want to lay a new engineered wood floor (floating) in all of these areas. I understand that the floating floor will lay over top of the existing wood, but I will have to bring the height of the bedrooms up to match it. Which would be better...plywood or luaun? Should I glue it to the slab or ??? What about expansion joints in the sub floor? Thanks.

Old 08-26-08, 09:07 AM
L
Might not be the answer you are after but i just did the same thing and i put two layers of under lay on mine and it worked great and matched up almost perfect

Old 08-27-08, 10:10 AM
L
Originally Posted by LesFerguson
Might not be the answer you are after but i just did the same thing and i put two layers of under lay on mine and it worked great and matched up almost perfect
That sounds like a better way to go. Which underlayment did you use?

Old 08-28-08, 10:15 AM
L
I used the premier underlay from lowes it has the mosture barrier on one side and the wool looking stuff on the other hope it helps

Old 09-01-08, 06:40 PM
Never double the underlayment!!!! That will void any warranty the wood manufacturer places on the product. Too much flex with break the glue joint loose, or if it is a click, bust the locking tongue off, both cases the floor begins to separate.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: