ways to do this ?

Old 09-02-08, 06:26 PM
ways to do this ?

this is the transition i am going to use. how can i secure it down.
drilling/screwing is a last resort, as i would rather not see fasteners. slab subfloor.

also, do they make black silicone, that will somewhat match the dark grout in the tiles ? or can i grout up to the transition ?

tia

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-08, 06:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There should be a plastic 'C' type channel that you buy along with the transition. The transition will fit into this.

I would use a PL400 adhesive, liquid nails, etc to secure the channel down to the slab.

Old 09-03-08, 04:53 PM
this transition isn't the C channel type you speak of (that i know of = they didn't have any on display). thats what i really wanted, but could not find a style that i liked. so i went with this, finished like my floor, from the same company.

Old 09-03-08, 10:04 PM
You need to contact your manufacturer. You are using a baby threshold. With solid hardwood, intallation you can prerill and use finishing nails. You can camouflage holes with touch up kit. You do not indicate manufacturer or installation instructions. Most major manufacturers have installation instructions online.

Old 09-21-08, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by HotinOKC View Post
There should be a plastic 'C' type channel that you buy along with the transition. The transition will fit into this.

I would use a PL400 adhesive, liquid nails, etc to secure the channel down to the slab.
update :

i have a different transition now. its a wooden t , same color/finish, natural red oak.

friday, i used PL400 to glue it down. there was a about a 1/4 gap between the concrete and the transition. so i put a good sized beed. i couldn't find, nor make, a thin piece of wood to fill the gap (now, i think i should have tried harder).
... there are globs of the glue hanging off the end of the tube. i am checking these to see when they get dry and hard. it is about 48hrs now, and the globs are not fully hard and even the thinner pieces that seem dry, are kinda easy to stretch. i have heavy weights holding it down for the 2 days, as the wood was slightly warped, and the floor is not PERFECTLY flat (i know, i know. but it is what it is).
... i am worried that even if the pl400 holds for now. will it stretch over time. does this stuff ever get completely hard ? it says 48 cure on the tube.

because everyone likes pics.

Old 09-21-08, 04:33 PM
Hey, that looks like one of my jobs, after gluing a transition!!

I use PL Premium moisture cure urethane. It is dry enough to remove the weight in about 12-20 hours.

I have not used PL-400 in a long time. It should be cured enough to remove the weights by now????

Old 09-21-08, 07:44 PM
well, i guess/HOPE that doesn't matter now (the long cure time). as i have just removed the weights. its not "perfect", but it looks pretty darn good, and is down flat to the 2 floors. i am 99.5% happy, and with my luck, thats pretty good.