Any experience with odd lots from Lumber Liquidators - Bellawood

Old 09-06-08, 08:42 AM
Any experience with odd lots from Lumber Liquidators - Bellawood

I was thinking of picking up an odd lot from lumber liquidators of some australian cypress 5 1/4" flooring t&g planks, I am wondering if anyone has bought this before and there experience with % waste from an odd lot. Closets account for 15% of the square footage so I was thinking I would get rid of crap in there.

I guess the odd lot comes from Bellawood directly so if you have any experience with there odd lots please post.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-08, 07:22 AM
i don't know. but it has been said here that they are factory seconds. and that could be good thing = you get a floor you are happy with for less $$$$

Old 09-07-08, 01:36 PM
Thumbs down

If I were you, I would steer clear of their odd lots. I have heard that in many instances the entire odd lot is unusable. This is from their website..."Odd-lot flooring is factory seconds sold as-is. It is possible that more than 50% of the material may contain one or more milling, grading, or finishing defects including, but not limited to: severely mis-milled boards; mis-graded boards; warp; wood characters including holes, splits, cracks, severe color variation that is not typical for the wood species; missing or off-color stain; missing/improperly cured finish; severe grainy surface/debris; chips, blisters; scratches; and peeling finish. All sales of odd-lot products are final product returns are not permitted." You decide for yourself.

Old 09-10-08, 01:17 PM
Of the 120 SF of oak planks I initially purchased (for .99 each from Lumber Liquidators) only about half were straight and uncracked. The other half were either full of cracks, warped, chipped, or partially ungrooved. Making my floor price jump to 2.00/SF instead of just $.99.

If you don't mind softwood flooring, you can do that for about $.70 per SF (including polyurethane). Just buy the planks, nail em down, and squeegee on the clear coat (poly or spar).

They hold up surprisingly well, and look wonderful, but they do dent more easily than hardwoods.