1978 mobile home subfloor problems????

Old 09-07-08, 11:32 AM
Question 1978 mobile home subfloor problems????

Hello
I would love to know best way to attact this problem this is tipical moble home double wide the foundation under the house
is in good shape would love to put down laminate floor .
in the center of the house were the two sides of the house is
put together on the floor there is a crown is high about 1/2'' to 5/8'' all along the center of the house about 3 feet in both
direction the previous owner put 1/2'' particle board
down over the oringal floor which was linoleum dont thinks i can go mush higher would effect my cabinet installs like diswaher install or removal in the future then they put down some linoleum squares down on top of that. thought about cuting out that particle board along the center then puting a maybe 1/4''
plyboard down then filing with some kind of concrete filler of some sort to level would love anyones thought on how to attact this problem just hate carpet to death would do anything to change this floor to something else also never seen a moblie home subfloor
what is under there 2'6 timber or 2'4 s anyone know if it would be like stick house ? thanks jim

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-08, 03:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums Jim!

MH subfloors are typically 5/8" particle board. The floor joists are typically 2x6's. The best way to get rid of the uneven floor joint would be to relevel the MH. Basically you would use a bottle jack to raise or lower the MH frame where it sets on the block piers. Inserting or removing shims will change the height. You woud need to either lower the frame at the affected area or raise it near the outside edges.

Old 09-09-08, 09:48 AM
Thanks for your thoughts I am going to try that today thanks
again Jim