Trouble with finishing edges of laminate install

Old 09-26-08, 02:24 PM
Trouble with finishing edges of laminate install

Menards is having a sale on "E-Z Plank" laminate flooring for $.67 a square foot. I realize I'm probably going to get what I pay for and this could chip, etc. (As long as chipping is my only problem, I'm fine with that...if you have experience with this floor and have any other info for me, PLEASE let me know!) Anyway, it's a deal and it's cheaper than the vinyl I was going to go with but this brings me to the problem of "the edges". With vinyl, I understand the quarter round concept and how it works. This is where I get confused with laminate. I will be doing my foyer which has carpeted stairs that start off of it and also the living room (which is carpeted). What do I do in front of the carpeted stairs? There isn't quarter round there now, so I am stumped as to what would go there. Also, at the beginning of the living room where the carpet meets the vinyl, there is a brass strip which of course was probably hammered into the vinyl. I can't hammer this into laminate, right? So what goes there to separate the two? Also, wouldn't the laminate flooring be sitting a tad higher up than the carpeting?

I realize I just asked a million questions, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-08, 03:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi!

You can use a transition piece for both areas. Typically, you can use a "T" moulding in front of the stairs.

They should have matching transition packs that match your floor.