Pergo Select

Old 10-13-08, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pergo Select

I can't find anyone that sells it and any online places have it on clearance. I emailed PERGO and they said it was being discontinued. ????
Is it really or are they renaming it?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-08, 03:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
They (Pergo) are correct. They came out with their new line of laminates, (Prestige) and are different from the selects. Your best bet is to contact Pergo again and see who they distributed it to in your area. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Old 10-13-08, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by HotinOKC View Post
They (Pergo) are correct. They came out with their new line of laminates, (Prestige) and are different from the selects. Your best bet is to contact Pergo again and see who they distributed it to in your area. Once it's gone, it's gone.
Is pergo prestige the same quality was pergo select? I don't understand why they would discontinue pergo select if it was a great product

Old 10-14-08, 10:25 PM
They would discontinue it because it did not sell well due to the outdated looks. Pergo has always had a behind-the-times look. They were not having quality issues, just low sales. The plan was to relabel everything so they could start fresh. I am unaware of a true difference in construction. But i will find out in the morning and let you know. I should know this and if changes were made our rep did not inform us of that.

Old 10-15-08, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
They would discontinue it because it did not sell well due to the outdated looks. Pergo has always had a behind-the-times look. They were not having quality issues, just low sales. The plan was to relabel everything so they could start fresh. I am unaware of a true difference in construction. But i will find out in the morning and let you know. I should know this and if changes were made our rep did not inform us of that.
I did email Pergo back and asked them about the select being discontinued or was it actually renamed and here was the response I got..........hopefully this will help others too.

Dear Tara X:

Thank you for contacting Pergo Inc. We are pleased to assist you with your inquiry.

The Pergo Select brand was replaced with the Pergo" Commerical" brand name.

If you should have additional questions or comments please contact us at 1.800.33.PERGO (337.3746).

Customer Fulfillment & Support
Pergo, Inc
800-33-PERGO

Old 10-15-08, 05:34 PM
Good info right there. So the Commercial is the old Select.

Old 10-16-08, 06:56 PM
Sorry i forgot to get back on here yesterday. Yes, select was renamed to commercial. Some looks stayed under new names, many dropped completely and several new looks added.

No change in wear layer, thickness or construction. No changes.