American Cherry

Old 11-25-08, 07:19 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
American Cherry

Hi
I'm putting hardwood floor in the kitchen and living area. About 650 sq ft. The kitchen cabinets are a cherry from the 60's and the countertops anre a darg granite. I dont want the rooms too dark so I don't want a floor thats too dark. Ive been leaning towards the am. cherry but Ive heard that gets darker. How dark will it get? Brazilian cherry is probably out of the question.
Thanks
Karen

Old 11-25-08, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question American cherry?

Amer. cherry will darken over time but it will take a while. Even though it is not that dark when new, it still may be too dark for your purposes. Eventually it will become almost wine colored. Maybe a maple with some darker stain will suit you better! Personal choice. You are the one who has to live with it day to day. Are your cabinets DARK?

Old 11-25-08, 07:56 AM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

The cabinets are dark. Cherry dark. So im worried about the floor getting too dark over time. Like a wine colored you said!!! Ill have to take a look at maple. Thanks for the advice.

Old 11-25-08, 09:50 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Maple works well with cherry. Many prefer it with contemporary decor. Red oak works well with traditional decor. Take a look at the many stain choices as well. Most retailers will allow you to take home sames or deck boards for you to observe the flooring with the cabinetry at different times of day in both natural and artificial lighting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: