Spot refinish

Old 10-19-08, 02:01 PM
Spot refinish

Hello,

I have two areas where the ploy finish has worn off due to my dog and water. I believe the floor is made by bruce, its 3/4 strip and lastly I belive it natural so no stain?!

Can I sand these spots and refinish? Attached are two photos. The first picture is the damage and the second is the rest of the floor.

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7670333...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7670333...n/photostream/

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-08, 10:19 PM
You can try, but it will never match and it will peel if you go over an unsanded area, trying to feather it in.

Old 01-27-09, 06:58 AM
bringing this post up again for more opinions. Im looking for a cost effective way of fixing these two areas.

Old 01-28-09, 10:32 PM
Believe me, CarpetsDoneWright is a master in the trade. When he speaks, listen.

If you want to hear it again, touch ups on polyurethane never match. They tend to stick out like a sore thumb.
To do it right, would require refinishing the whole floor. Unless, you have spare boards or an inconspicuous place, such as in a closet, where you could rob boards to replace the affected ones. New boards can be installed where you robbed the boards.

Most cost effective approach. Put a piece of plastic felt-backed table cloth over the area to protect the floor from further damage from the dog's water bowl. Then, the problem is out of sight.