Removal of Parkay wooden flooring

Old 10-27-08, 02:30 PM
Question Removal of Parkay wooden flooring

A few years ago I installed Parkay wooden flooring in my 1 bedroom apartment. The subfloor was not prepared for the installation and I have not been happy with the results. I never even finished installing molding as I knew it would be a matter of time before it had to be removed. I want to rip up the parkay flooring and have a professional come in and do new flooring. I figured I may save some money if I ripped up the flooring myself and prepared the concrete floor myself. I removed a 5 x 5 area to see the level of difficulty I would encounter and realized it would be manageable. It appears that there is up to three different layers of adhesive and/or leveling compound over the original concrete floor. I am not sure of my plan of attack. My goal is to remove the parkay and prepare the subfloor myself and then hire a professional to install new flooring. Or I wonder if I should just rip the old floor and let the professional prepare the subfloor and install the new flooring?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-08, 03:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Explain what was wrong with the subfloor?

Do you own this apartment?

Second floor?

Answer those questions first, then we can proceed a bit further.

Old 10-27-08, 04:08 PM
I will rarely trust someone elses floor prep, if I have to put my name on the installation.