appliances and kitchen cabinets on laminate flooring

Old 10-28-08, 08:01 AM
appliances and kitchen cabinets on laminate flooring

Can we put the laminate flooring down in our kitchen and then install new cabinets and appliances on it?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-08, 09:08 AM
We Did

We did the same thing. I installed all new laminate floating floors in the kitchen and dining areas. Then installed the cabinets on the laminate. It has been a few years and I don't see a difference in the flooring. Just be sure to attach the cabinets to the wall studs when you install them.

Hope that this helps

Old 11-02-08, 05:31 PM
The correct answer is no. You should not put your cabinets on top of a floating floor. If you have an kind expansion or moisture issues that cause expansion you will have major problems.

Old 11-02-08, 08:29 PM
Well, it matters if the cabinets sit opposite of each other and how much stuff is inside them. No anchoring the cabinets to the floor, either. I have seen buckling and I have seen separation caused from cabinets on top of floating floors.

The key is, to keep a constant humidity level and not high and low humidity through the year.

Old 11-13-08, 03:17 PM
cabinets on laminate

typically you would not, BUT, think about it a second, the cabinets are screwwed to the wall and not attached to the floor at all, they weigh less than a piano that sits on the same type floor everyday??
EH??