L shapped hallway laminent floor install

Old 11-06-08, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
L shapped hallway laminent floor install

I had this great idea a year or so ago to put pergo in three rooms, one of which was down my L shaped hallway. I am a person who has no ability to see the job done in my mind, I have to complete it to see the outcome, which may be a blunder. I will be installing the laminent verticle to the wall until I get to the turn in the hallway. The transistion will be clean,as I will just start going horizontal to the wall. My big question: Is this like a no no to install the materials horizontal in a narrow 3' wide hallway. I am concerned about look and waste of materials, should I just stay with carpet? The hallway is about 12 feet long by about 3 feet wide in both directions.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-08, 11:20 AM
no-pax

your flooring will look perfectly fine with the boards running parallel to one of the hallways. it should hold up just as well too however if you anticipate heavy traffic than it might be proactive to install something a little more substantial that can be stapled on the tounge.

Old 11-09-08, 10:52 AM
Thanks for your input

Thank you for taking your time to give me some guide lines.
Note ,not only will the laminent be running parallel to the wall down the hallway but when I transition to the L shape I will have to start laying it horizontal. I am concered with the waste. Have you ever had this application before.Thanks again

Old 11-09-08, 04:27 PM
Keep staggering the endjoints, even going short ways across the hall. You can use full boards now and then. It will save the waste of using the full boards across the hall, and all the end cuts, plus it will look more natural, and have more strength. 5-10% additional is normal for waste. Te wider the plank, the more waste there is.