Self Leveling Compounds

Old 12-19-08, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Self Leveling Compounds

I recently installed a Warm Wire system over Hardi Backer Board. It states in the directions to either cover the wire with Thin Set or use a self leveling compound. I have read that some people have had issues using self leveling compounds and that they sometimes do not "self level". Any advice on how to complete self leveling would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-08, 12:35 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Either method will work for you, thinset or slc. I like the slc better, and that would be my choice. Slc is expensive, so depending on how big the floor is, that might me a consideration. Thinset can be hard to screed and get a flat enough surface to tile, you'll likely have to play with it with several applications, patching in areas that you arent quite satisfied with. Here is some good info on slc.

SLC & Radiant Heat Flooring where consumers & DIYers come for answers and flooring professionals help each other

Old 12-20-08, 12:38 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Why did someone move this to the hardwood forum????

This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 88 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 53 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 35 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.
Beer 4U2Beer 4U2Beer 4U2