Water damage to Pergo, what to do?

Old 12-23-08, 07:19 AM
Unhappy Water damage to Pergo, what to do?

Just our luck. We have worked the past 2 weeks installing our Pergo flooring and it looked great. Only thing we had left to finish was placing the quarter rounds.

Well, last night when I ran the washing machine it overflowed and leaked into our living/dining area that we had just finished and almost the whole floor was covered with water. We quickly soaked up as much as we could with towels, sheets, clothes etc. The top of the floor is dry, but there are spots underneath that you can hear the water under when you walk.

We installed the pergo over concrete, layed a plastic moisture barrier, and the used the snap in place pergo pieces to lay on top of that.

I'm guessing we will have to rip the entire floor up and replace it because of the water damage underneath. Is there any way to fix this or are we going to have to replace the whole floor?? We are sick over this, just spent $3000 and 2 weeks installing and it is ruined.

Any ideas? Should I just go ahead and call my insurance and file a claim?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-08, 07:30 AM
Old 12-23-08, 07:52 AM
Thanks, I have seen that, but was looking for any additional input on the matter. Mine is a a huge room (not just a few boards like in that thread) and really hate to go through reinstall. Was wondering if it is at all possible to do anything without ripping up the entire room. I'm guessing not, but thought it was worth a shot to ask. Hopefully insurance will cover the damage.

Old 12-23-08, 08:01 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Just be thankful you have not yet installed the mouldings. Good luck with your insurance.

Old 12-23-08, 05:29 PM
i would be heart broken also, as i am ready to fight over my new flooring. but, whatever you do, when your done with it, or even before. you better put a drain in the laundry room, so it doesn't happen again. you have been warned.

Old 12-24-08, 06:02 AM
It could be saved if it was dried quick. Being this is 24 hours later there is most likely no hope now. A big dehumidifier and some fans would have been the answer.