Click Flooring over Concrete

Old 12-24-08, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Click Flooring over Concrete

We have just begun to look at click laminate flooring at the local Home Depot and Lowes. Would love to hear from others regarding their experiences.

The room that we're doing has a concrete floor with radiant heat. In the same room is a 350 gallon aquarium (which may or may not be a concern, just giving as much info as possible). Probably 200 square feet.

The prices vary. Wouldn't do the cheapest, can't afford to do the costliest. Just wondering what a good mid-range product would be. Probably not doing the glue or screw process.

Any suggestions on what to shop for (especially at the stores that I mentioned) and of course suggestions on install would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-09, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wow, kind of a tough one in some ways. First, I've seen Mannington and Columbia, sourced from hoskinghardwood.com look very nice. I've heard some sub-par reviews of Bruce due to quality (majority are pleased though). Honestly, pick what you like based on what's on display in your price range and you'll generally be very pleased with the look. I see the aquarium as a big issue. It sounds like floating is how you will be going. Same deal for me, except with only a 72 gallon, 90 total marine aquarium. First, that weight over that footprint can lock in a portion of the floor. Second, I subscribe to the outlook that there are only 2 types of aquariums: those that have leaked/spilled and those that will. If I knew with certainty I'd never move the tank, I would have found a way to not lay engineered under it (maybe tile). Nothing is foolproof though. Crazy stuff happens. I've had an earthquake throw 20% of the water out of a tank. Ultimately, I just installed the engineered under it and accepted the risk that any spill could potentially ruin my floor in that area. Just some things to consider. Good luck.