ECO FOREST brand. Stay away OR good choice?

Old 01-08-09, 09:03 AM
ECO FOREST brand. Stay away OR good choice?

Hello,
We are about to replace 2 bedrooms and closets with laminate flooring. We are picky about the color. We like something a little dark with red tones and beveled edges. We have 1 primary choice (Formica Mirabella Ava Plum 10mm) but decided to stop by a liquidator store to look for cheaper alternatives.

We found this ECO FOREST brand with 7ft planks. The price is about $1/sqft cheaper than our original choice. It is garantied for life and is 12mm thick.
I cannot find anything online about this product our the company. What is the point of a lifetime warranty if the company is not reliable.

What do you think? Do you have any suggestions?

Happy New Year all. We are all going to need it.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-09, 01:03 PM
If you Google Eco Forest laminate, you will find links. The flooring is manufactured by Vencon and is approved by the Forest Stewardship Council. This product is a newcomer to the flooring market and not a US manufactured product.

Green Laminate Flooring Announced

GREEN FLOORING - Nation's Leading Source - Eco-Friendly Wood Flooring

Warranties are only as good as the person who stands behind them. Anyone can offer a "lifetime" warranty. On whose lifetime is it based. When the person dies or goes out of business, the warranty goes with him. Read the fine print in the warranty.

Old 01-08-09, 02:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Also,

Read the warranty carefully. You will see they don't cover anything that typically goes wrong with a floor, i.e. moisture/water damage, scratches, bad installation, etc. They basically warranty the wear layer, which never seems to be a problem.

Old 03-11-09, 11:56 AM
Eco forest laminate correction

Recently "twelvepole" incorrectly wrote a post that stated "The flooring is manufactured by Vencon and is approved by the Forest Stewardship Council". This is not correct. Vencon does NOT produced Eco Forest Laminate nor do we have any association with this product. Additionally this products is not FSC Certified. "Twelvepole" should check the facts before promoting this product.

After our preliminary research we have concluded that Floor Decor, Kennesaw, GA markets this product in the US which we believe to be Chinese.

Lastly the Vencon USA office has received a number of phone calls indicated that the Eco Forest product is of very poor quality. Customer beware.

Peter
Vencon USA LLC

Old 03-11-09, 03:10 PM
That's odd Peter, because Vencon USA's website clearly states ECO Forest laminate is sold through them?

If you search "Eco Forest" on your own companies website, you will clearly see you sell it, and it is FSC.

You don't know what your own company sells?

Old 03-11-09, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Mark...I looked and I didn't actually see Eco Forest....I did see Eco Promise mentioned when I searched that phrase. I know twelvepole is normally pretty accurate, but everyone can make a mistake (except TG of course..lol) ...but can ya post a direct link?

Old 03-11-09, 03:28 PM
It won't give me a direct link, but here's a screenshot:

Old 03-11-09, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
I am SUCH an IDIOT...I didn't look at the header..I was looking at the products.

Yeah, OK thanks Mark. If what he said is true, they need to talk to the IT people and change the header..It sorta doesn't really look like a "brand name" exactly. And it is shown as solid hardwood. But no wonder they are getting all the calls, right?

Again, thanks for clarifying.