How to cut pergo flooring after it is put down

Old 01-25-09, 03:28 PM
Exclamation How to cut pergo flooring after it is put down

I put down some pergo laminate flooring past weekend with the help of my friends. This was my first big home project and it feels so good and the floor looks awesome. I have only one problem. We cut the floors too close to the edges on one edge. This has led to a small space between the new flooring and the existing flooring, which is also pergo. Due to this I cannot put down the transition trims. Is there a way I can cut along the shorter edge of a pergo laminates after it is laid down?

Ifnot, I will have to glue the transition strips onto the flooring which I would hate to do.

Thanks in advance.

TP

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-09, 04:43 PM
I imagine that you can adjust your power saw to the desired depth. After doing so, experiment on some scraps on top of scraps of underlayment to make sure you have the saw adjusted properly.

Keep in mind that no one is going to see the edge of the flooring, because it will be hidden by transitional piece. In areas where saw will not reach, such as close to the door jamb, you can take a drill and drill a series of small holes and knock out the excess laminate.