Johnson Forever Tuff Engineered Floors

Old 02-04-09, 08:39 PM
Johnson Forever Tuff Engineered Floors

I am going to be installing new engineered hardwood floors (Brazilian Cherry) on concrete slab. I have been looking at BR-111 Triangulo and Mirage. My contractor's hardwood flooring guy is high on Garrison, which I am not that crazy about, although I have heard from others that it is a good floor. The flooring guy brought me a sample of the Johnson Forever Tuff Engineered Floors today. It seems like it is a fairly new fairly new product and the claims are impressive--50 year finish warranty and lifetime structural warranty, a 17 step finishing process which seems to be a mix of aluminum oxide and an elastomeric, a 2200 cycle abrasion test, etc. However, the wear layer is very thin (about 2-3/16" with a total thickness of 1/2").

I have read on this forum that Johnson makes a good floor, but I am wondering if this Forever Tuff is the real deal or just hype? Any one have any experience with this floor? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-09, 01:30 PM
I am a Johnson dealer but only display ''Woods of the World''
Im not know of the Forever Touch but Johnson makes a nice product. All of my samples have 3 mil wear layers and the smooth cut woods like the Brazillian Cherry high sheans.
BR111 Triangulo have thick wear layers as well.