transition question

Old 02-12-09, 07:42 AM
transition question

I am installing laminate in my dining room, a small hall off of that, and a pantry closet. Can I continue the laminate without a threshold from the dining room into the hall if the laminate is running perpendicular to the doorway? There is no actual door there.http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...l/laminate.jpg

Dining room is approx. 11x12, hall is 3'7"x 5'8", pantry is 3'2"x12'2". The laminate will be running the direction of the arrow.
Also, should I use a threshhold into the pantry? There is a door there, and the room is probably big enough to warrant one. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-09, 11:04 AM
Hope this helps

Install the laminate directly into the hallway without using a transition. The transition would break up the line of the laminate and destroy the illusion of depth created by a seamless installation. I would put a t-mold transition underneath the door leading into the pantry. Then if a heavy object (such as a large can) falls and damages the laminate at a later date, the floor an simply be unclicked from the transitions, and the damaged board replaced. Just make sure that when you install, the laminate is running in a straight line into the hallway. You can guarantee the straight line by starting your install from the long wall running down from the dining room into the hallway, and past the panty door. Work from the long wall to the opposite dining room wall. Then install the pantry from the doorway to the back wall, and of course transition underneath the door with a t-mold.

Old 02-12-09, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the confirmation!