Dog's paws stains...

Old 03-03-09, 12:24 PM
Dog's paws stains...

Hi, I have a small dog and when he does number 1 in the wee-wee pad always steps on the urine and heads to the kitchen (it's next to the wee wee pads) with his little paws all wet and leaves marks on the floor. I have tried sooooo many products to get rid of the stains but nothing seems to work. Should I replace the stained wood? Does anybody know any product that can work besides vinegar? Please help, I am dying to get rid of the stains.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-09, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Hi and welcome to the forum! I'll let someone else answer about the stains, but just wanted to suggest a couple things for prevention.
1. Take him out for a walk instead.
2. or put down some throw rugs so his feet will get wiped off before he walks on the floor.

Old 03-04-09, 04:41 AM
Dog's urine...

Hi, thanks for the advice but if I put a rug for him what he does is to use it as a wee wee pad and as far as walking him I do it in the morning but when is too cold here in NY he does not want to go for a walk

Old 03-04-09, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by guayaca View Post
too cold here in NY he does not want to go for a walk

That is because your just fine with the dog pissing in your home!

Disgusting!!

It is a dog, not a child. Crate train him or live with ruined flooring!! You have a choice, as nothing resists urine.

Old 03-04-09, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Yes, I agree, either crate train him or get him a coat and train him to go only outside. He will learn. Is he being let out enough? They can only hold it in for so long.
You probably will have to replace the floor, but I would not do this until your doggie is trained.