thomasvill floor alread in and they did not use glue

Old 03-17-09, 02:36 AM
thomasvill floor alread in and they did not use glue

hello;

i had my boyfriends brother put in the floor in our home. one problem he had to call customer service first at the floor company and they told him NOT to use glue. but everything i read is that everyone use liquid nails etc. is there anyway that i can go an start using liquid nails on the parts that are starting to come apart. its only been a few weeks and this guy was a mr. know it all. i call him einstien for short . i rather not call him back b/c he likes to charge to come back; for gas and food etc. anyway.
tell me what i can do from this point on instead of redoing the floor; can i use liquid nails on the floor or is there a sealer i can put on the floor that would be very clear and would be like glue; i guess that would stick to my shoes.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-09, 12:02 PM
Liquid nails is not used to install wood flooring. You have a prefinished floor - do not put anything on the surface to hold planks together.

Answer these questions: How did he install the floor with no glue? Did he staple or nail it in? I am not aware of Thomasville having a click system. Did it just click together? How wide are the gaps? And when did they appear?

Any installer who was paid for a job should be willing to come back and look at a complaint for free. The problem is most are so worried about being blamed for the problem they will tell you anything to get out of it. I apologize to the good ones out there. You know who you are.