Kitchen Flooring Not Holding Up

Old 05-11-09, 06:26 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kitchen Flooring Not Holding Up

I recently had my fiance and her 2 yr old daughter move in with me. In the first month the little girl turned off the dishwasher mid cycle so that the water just stayed in the machine, and we figured it was just done. Long story short the water just sitting in the machine caused my hardwood flooring to be badly damaged underneath. I've also recognized that the hardwood isn't holding up well to the damage that she does (consistent unknown spills and knocking over of various items). I was wondering is there anything I could replace the hardwood (in the kitchen) with that is much tougher yet won't decrease the selling attraction of my home???

Thanks

Old 05-11-09, 01:34 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You could install ceramic tile in the kitchen. I never found hardwood in a kitchen as something that adds value to a home because having it in a kitchen is a little risky.

Old 05-11-09, 02:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Do your cabinets sit on the hardwood, or was it installed after the fact? Not sure how water sitting in a dishwasher would affect hardwood unless it leaked. Hardwoods are not very friendly in kitchens, but it is done all the time. Go figure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: