Armstrong won't lie down.

Old 06-06-09, 12:40 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Armstrong won't lie down.

I just finished installing Armstrong laminate in my kitchen. It's the snap together time that is supposed to be easy to install. But that's a myth.

Anyway... we have overhangs on our counters so that the final pieces are under the overhang. Every time we locked the sections together, they didn't lie flat. But each time we added the next row, then we could push them flat.

However, now that we're on the last section... nothing is holding down these edges. Because they are under this overhang, I can't really get to them to push them down or anything. I have no idea how to make them stay flat.

As it is, I'm thinking of rigging some base board that will hold down the pieces.

Is there a better way?!

Old 06-07-09, 07:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You will need to place shoe molding around the perimeter of the room, including the cabinet kicks. Drive your nails sideways so as not to penetrate the laminate. That should help keep your flooring from rising. You are leaving the recommended space along the edges for expansion and contraction, right?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: