New Hardwood Flooring

Old 08-20-09, 05:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Hardwood Flooring

Hi Guys...I'm a newbie at new installations,but want to give it a try....anyways...Beer 4U2I want to install 3/4" x 3.25 hardwood to my living room and hallway....I now have carpet and underneath it was a previous hardwood install in the living room [3/8" slats],however the hallway has 1/4" plywood...therefore there's a 1/8" difference here...I should say that there is also wood [more plywood ?]underneath bothe the existing hardwood and the plywood in the hallway..I certainly don't want to have to pull up the old hardwood floor,however the 1/8" difference must be a problem....Can I just pull up the 1/4" plywood in hallway and re-install 3/8" to make it level..Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanx

Old 08-21-09, 05:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It sounds as if your thinking is correct, provided there is sufficient subflooring under it all. At least you will have a flat surface and transition between the two flooring types. Is the 3/8 hardwood, or laminate?

Old 08-21-09, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not really sure...looks like original flooring [40 years or so] but I think it's 3/8" hardwood tongue and groove ?...thanx

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: