Joining carpet to wrong laminate end cap

Old 12-04-09, 06:06 AM
Joining carpet to wrong laminate end cap

I have laminate flooring that transitions into carpet in an 8 foot section. The problem is that the installed end cap appears to be one for transitioning to tile as it has somewhat of a slope to the floor.
Will I have problems joining the carpet to this type of end cap?
I really don't want to rip it the end cap. Would a pro be a wiser choice for the work?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-09, 01:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sorry, no one has answered your original post. That is highly unusual. As a rule soft gets installed to hard. With that said, it goes tile, wood, carpet. Since your carpet is already installed how is the selveged edge taken care of? Do they have a terminal strip on it?

Old 12-04-09, 01:31 PM
Group Moderator
If your carpet is terminated with a Z strip or can be I would butt the threshold/end cap strip against the Z strip.

Old 12-05-09, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the replies.
To make a long story short, the original installer left town leaving me a newbie to finish a laminate install. Being in a hurry I installed the wrong end cap on the laminate where it was to join the carpet and was worried that it would create a problem. I was lucky to find a carpet guy who for $50 came out to finish the carpet transition and it looks fine.