Wilsonart warrenty issues

Old 12-19-09, 12:17 PM
Wilsonart warrenty issues

I wondering if anyone has had warrenty issues with Wilsonart laminate flooring.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-10, 12:10 PM
I called Wilsonart and they set up an inspection to check on a delamintion(sp) issue.

About two weeks later and inspector comes out and checks the floor.

A couple weeks later the installer sends me a form letter from the distributor say the claim was denied because (I don't have the exact wording) USER ABUSE.

I sent the distributor and e-mail, it took quite a bit of time to find out the claims managers e-mail address and explaining that the Shepard Caster did not cause the problem.

She sent back a 'Warranty' page on a plain paper, no logo, no company name, nothing except all the reason they would not fix the damage.

Among the items where no stilleto high hells, pads under the table and couch legs, etc, etc,. I don't think anyone would buy their laminate if the saw that warranty, which is different than the warranty that is included in each box of flooring.

They would do nothing.

I glued the two corners back down and now we are looking into hardwood floor for all of the down stairs, about 900 sq ft.

I told my wife that I don't remember ever seeing a laminate in the enterance to a flooring store or in a model.

So beware of the warranties on the laminate floors and in particular Wilsonart Flooring.