Just had wood floors refinished and are still rough

Old 12-23-09, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just had wood floors refinished and are still rough

Hello All,

Need so help to understand whats going on. I had my oak wood floors sanded and refinished with 3 coats of oil based polly. Once it was all completed and floors were dry they were rough. We called back the installer and he came back and buffed it out with a screen, vacumed twice and cleaned the floors with paint thinner. I checked them out prior to him putting the next layer of poly down and it was soomth and Very clean. They then put it down and we have the same outcome. Rough floors. Doe anyone know why this is happening? The installer is puzzeled!

Do you think moisture from our basement could be the problem? We have a dehumidifier going so i am not sure if that would be it. Please let me know if oyu have any idea!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-09, 01:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 136 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

If you have a forced air HVAC system it might be blowing dust around and onto the wet poly. I don't think moisture would cause the rough surface. It's also possible that the poly might have some grit in it but the finisher should know to strain an open bucket of poly, a fresh bucket would be clean.

Old 12-23-09, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Its probably grit in the poly. You can't even see this stuff. Good luck