Issue with engineered snap lock floor

Old 01-23-10, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Issue with engineered snap lock floor

I installed a kitchen and hallway floor for a friend. It was the third time I have done this with this type of product. The product in question this time is Home Legend Santos mahogany.

The product was purchased at Home Depot. Everything went well with the install. The floor looked great and I installed new kitchen cabinets and such after the floor.

This was all done in early December. Just this past few days one of the slats has literally popped out. It is one that just so happens to be in a very high traffic area. I fiddled around with it tonight and it seems that the board itself is completely warped.

It is a floating floor. The product was allowed to acclimate for at least three days before I laid it. I ran the floor all the way from the kitchen up the foyer to the front of the house in one complete lay.

So to get at this one slat correctly I would have to take up the whole floor. Anyone have any ideas on how to repair this?

It locks on all 4 sides. The slats are 3" by 36" long.

I read some reviews on other sites and I believe this was probably the wrong product to install. It looks gorgeous but is certainly not meant for high traffic area. I alerted them to that fact but they wanted it anyway.

They spent a total of about $1600 on the product (it was a large area) and the whole kitchen looks fabulous. It's just this one section of the floor is confounding and pissing me off.

The floor is level, the under lament was installed correctly and the rest of the floor is fine. Do I have a chance of fixing this without having to rip up the whole floor?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-10, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is a way you can do it. I was called in to repair two such places in a large floor that someone else had laid. We carefully trimmed two edges so it could be popped back in. Then, I got some glue that is specifically made for engineered flooring. so all in all, the loose piece was glued in and it looks just fine. It is piddley work. Good Luck